The House's chalk cellars have been inscribed on the UNESCO world heritage list
The House's chalk cellars have been inscribed on the UNESCO world heritage list

Charles Heidsieck was founded in 1851 by Charles-Camille Heidsieck, the original ‘Champagne Charlie’. He was the very first founder of a champagne House to travel to America, where he captured the hearts of high society with his dazzling character and remarkable champagnes.

He famously invested in the underground Cathedral-like chalk cellars under Reims, originally dug by the Romans 2000 years ago. They are still used today to house all the Charles Heidsieck champagnes as they age.

Charles Heidsieck Champagnes are recognised by industry experts as top of their class. The House’s commitment to excellence has been underpinned by a winemaking team that between them have been named 'Sparkling Winemaker of the Year' at the International Wine Challenge 16 times.

The Line-up

Scroll To Top